Creating a foundation for athletic success
Our therapists at SSM Health Physical Therapy are specially trained to meet the physical demands of active people like you. The sports medicine program touts specialists in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and concussion rehabilitation. Our therapists have also developed specialty programs tailored to address the demands of specific sports.
Our team is available to serve all of your sports injury prevention, recovery and performance needs. We work to:
- Restore function
- Decrease pain
- Increase strength and flexibility
- Prevent injury
- Optimize performance
- Return to activity
Whether you're competing at an elite level or simply want to retain an active lifestyle, we will create a successful rehabilitation to meet your unique goals.
Providing exceptional, industry-leading care for athletes of all levels
Our highly educated team is dedicated to remaining current on the latest sports medicine trends and research, ensuring that we offer up-to-date treatment methods. Your therapist will create an individualized care plan focused on helping you achieve athletic success.
Our specialized programs and services help you avoid injury, perform better and recover from injuries quickly and safely. These programs and services include:
- ACL program: We help athletes build strength, agility and endurance to help prevent ACL injuries.
- Athletic training services: Athletic trainers are focused on injury prevention, safety and performance for your athletes on and off the field. Learn how we can become part of your team.
- Concussion rehabilitation program: Our team works with athletes, athletic trainers, coaches and others on tailored plans to help athletes recover from a concussion.
- Contact sports injuries: We are committed to identifying your injury or source of pain and developing a personalized treatment plan to get you back to activity as soon as possible.
- Esports: We work with esports athletes on injuries surrounding posture and hand and arm movements.
- Flexible sports : We support the unique physical demands of dancers, cheerleaders, gymnasts and figure skaters.
- Golf performance: We focus on conditioning, strengthening, flexibility and the biomechanics of the golf swing.
- Movement screens and technology : Our sports physical therapy and athletic training experts are committed to helping you identify poor movement patterns and prevent injury.
- Overhead athlete : Our team maximizes an overhead athlete's function and well-being by increasing flexibility and range of motion, decreasing joint strain, strengthening and toning muscles.
- Running program : Designed to improve movement patterns, our program helps runners avoid injuries and achieve their goals.
- Sports education : We are available to educate and instruct coaches, staff and athletes on sport-specific safety and training tips.
These programs and services have helped us build successful sports partnerships with high schools, club teams, colleges and professional sports teams.
Our vast experience allows us to provide solutions for active individuals of all ages and abilities. For any of your sports medicine needs, please contact our Sports Injury Hotline at 844.257.7797 or [email protected] today.