Specialized, multi-disciplinary care
SSM Health Day Institute is a specialized outpatient rehabilitation program. It is designed for individuals recovering from a traumatic injury or illness who no longer require 24-hour nursing or acute rehabilitative care. If you or a loved one are recovering, you may benefit from a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to treatment that focuses on building skills and maximizing independence in daily activities at home, work and in the community.
The treatment team at SSM Health Day Institute works closely with you to establish realistic goals and an individualized treatment plan. We will use a variety of treatment tools and computer assistive technologies to accomplish this. Each of our six specialized tracks is designed to maximize physical and functional abilities and independence. They focus on a wide range of physical, cognitive, emotional, behavioral, social and psychological challenges, as well as any self-care issues that an injury or illness may present.
The six specialized tracks include:
- Neurological rehabilitation program
- Medically complex rehabilitation program
- Cognitive rehabilitation program
- Amputee rehabilitation program
- Orthopedic rehabilitation program
- Parkinson's rehabilitation program
The therapy team at SSM Health Day Institute will work with you to create a treatment plan that will address your goals. We will use a variety of treatment tools and computer assistive technologies to accomplish this. In addition to the comprehensive treatment plan, your therapist may determine that use of specialized equipment may enhance your results. Based on your therapist's findings and your personal goals, a customized treatment plan will be created to help restore and build your confidence and independence.
Some of the treatment tools and technologies available to you in the Day Institute Program are:
- Alter G®
- Balance Master®
- Computer and iPad Assisted Technologies
- Constraint Induced Movement Therapy
- Hacoma Andago - Lower-Extremity Robotic Technology
- Hacoma Armeospring - Upper-Extremity Robotic Technology
- Mirror Therapy
- Prism Adaptation Therapy
- Saebo® Products including SaeboReach®, SaeboFlex®, SaeboStretch® and SaeboGlove®
- Vital Stim®
Your therapy team will provide more details on the tools and technology based on your personalized treatment plan and goals.