Score a hole-in-one
Injuries are often caused by a lack of conditioning, flexibility, strength and/or appropriate warm-up, whether you're an avid golfer or simply a golf enthusiast trying to improve. SSM Health Physical Therapy's skilled team of physical rehabilitation and sports medicine therapists can help boost your success on the course by focusing on:
- Wrists: Flexible wrists allow for increased hinge action and this extra flexibility can mean added yardage.
- Hips: Stiff or weak hips place stress on the low back and can result in decreased yardage and back pain/injury.
- Hamstrings and quads: Shortened thigh muscles can impact your posture and golf swing.
- Shoulders: Upper-body flexibility is key to improving backswing.
- Neck: Proper rotation keeps the head in a neutral position as the body coils into the backswing.
- Calves: Tight calves can cause a standing up motion, resulting in an off-plane swing.
- Lower back: Improved range of motion in the lower back can affect your power and fluidity, creating a safer swing.
Physical therapy can help
Our expert team focuses on conditioning, strengthening and flexibility, as well as the biomechanics of the golf swing:
- Core stabilization
- Cardiovascular endurance
- Range of motion
While all of our physical therapists can help rehabilitate golf injuries, several of our locations offer the K-Vest 3D, a wearable feedback system, or the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) screening. We incorporate data from these screenings into the care plans of golfers who want to take their game to the next level by proactively identifying and correcting faulty movement patterns.
Our three-part golf performance program includes:
- Analysis: We evaluate your swing and perform a physical mobility screen to assess weaknesses and poor mechanics.
- Education: You will learn proper mechanics to improve overall conditioning, strength, flexibility and efficiency of the swing
- Exercise: We provide you with a regimen that includes warm-up, conditioning and cool-down exercises combined with a home-exercise program.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected].
Your Therapy… Our PassionTM