Posted on 10/2/2020
It's official, our favorite month of the year is here: National Physical Therapy Month. Please join us as we celebrate our amazing team members and the power of physical therapy throughout October. #NPTM2020 #ChoosePT #ThePowerOfPhysicalTherapy
Posted on 6/16/2020
Across the United States, thousands of people have been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Many individuals are also compromised by a variety of acute and chronic conditions, such as emphysema, after effects of the flu and cardiovascular disease. As you or your loved ones recover from COVID-19 or other debilitating illnesses and conditions, you may be left with varying levels of deconditioning and weakness.
We understand this is a scary and challenging time. Our compassionate team of clinical experts can help you continue to heal through our Recovery and Reconditioning Program. Learn more.
Posted on 4/29/2020
We can help with your injury
If you have pain or an injury that isn't improving, our team at SSM Health Physical Therapy can get you on the road to recovery. Scheduling a complimentary consultation with our therapists is the first step to determining what's occurring and the right treatment for the cause of your pain or discomfort.
During your at-home consultation, our clinical team will get a thorough history of your pain or injury, including how long you've been dealing with it and what might have caused it. Our team will provide recommendations for treatment.
Depending on your injury and insurance coverage, you may be able to schedule therapy right away -- or we may recommend a follow up with your doctor for further evaluation.
Injuries aren't always scheduled, but relief can be. A complimentary consult is an easy way to start the healing process. To schedule, please contact our Central Scheduling office at 800-518-1626 or click here.
*Per federal guidelines, beneficiaries of federally funded plans are not eligible for complimentary injury screens.
Posted on 4/24/2020
At SSM Health Physical Therapy, there is nothing more important to us than your health and safety during this unprecedented time. The Department of Homeland Security and state governments have deemed physical therapy an essential component of health care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic; therefore, many of our centers remain open to serve those in need. We are taking extensive preventative measures, guided by the CDC, to protect our patients and employees who enter our centers.
We hope that by providing this information, you can make a clear decision to continue your plan of care with us during this time. The following protocols are now in place:
- Patient Screening: All center patients are screened at the time of their appointment confirmation phone call. For centers located in our inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, patients are screened prior to admission. This process includes taking patients’ temperatures. Patients presenting any level of symptoms do not receive therapy until they are cleared.
- Staff Screening: All employees are screened daily upon arrival at the center, including temperature monitoring. Those presenting any level of symptoms are removed from the center and undergo the required 14-day self-quarantine, not returning to the center until they are cleared.
- Masking: All therapists are universally masked and we are now requiring patients in our centers to be masked as well.
- TeleRehab: Offering TeleRehab to all patients who would prefer to be treated in the safety and comfort of their home.
- Hygiene Protocols: Continuous reinforcement with staff regarding hand washing. In addition, general environmental controls are in place, including deep cleaning of centers with EPA approved cleaners.
- Procurement Audit: Assessment of equipment and supplies to ensure centers are fully prepared to handle potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Employee Safety: Ongoing education and communication to all center employees.
That said, if you do not feel comfortable coming to a center for care during this time, we will gladly reschedule your appointment for a later date. In addition, many of our locations are now offering TeleRehab services so that you can easily connect with one of our licensed therapists through web-based technology that is HIPAA compliant. Learn more.
For patients coming to our centers for care, we ask that you please limit the number of people who accompany you to your appointments, unless they are necessary for transportation or assistance. If for any reason you are not feeling well, please contact the center and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
To help prevent the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean/disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our patients and employees, as well as families of both.